Pages

Friday, June 29, 2012

Sea Shells

A Walk By The Sea - written by Davy Rasmussen


There's one sound that we all can recognize. We know exactly where we are when we hear it. It's the sound of crashing waves. The sound of the sea splashing against the earth and retreating again. Mix into that symphony the song of the seagulls as they glide along the beach. If we were to loose that amazing sense of sound we would still know exactly where we stood from the feel of the sand between our toes and that feeling of those tiny fragments of rocks, shells and bones being tugged back out to sea. The sweet smell of salt and that unique fragrance of the ocean is something that will always place us all too.


One moment I'm packing my luggage in the hills of Tennessee, where it is 95 degrees outside. A plane or two later and the pilgrimage to the sea begins. We pull the rental car over at the first Maine lighthouse we can find.  Off go the shoes and into the cool Atlantic ocean I go.


(I recorded the music to this instrumental the day before we left as I was thinking about our trip. The sounds of the waves I added in this morning)

1 comment:

  1. I love love love this music...it has a happy life in it. Makes me remember running and spinning on the beach the very first time I was on it, and saw the waves for the first time. You're very talented.

    ReplyDelete